Wild Keeper Ambassadors Only 😉
🙌 Make sure to read this whole page & bookmark it to refer back to! 🙌
Our Mission as Wild Keepers:
Wild Keepers are on a mission to pick up trash outside, make a positive impact on the outdoor spaces that we enjoy, have fun doing it as a part of a larger community of Wild Keepers, and inspire others to do the same.
Impact Days come around once a month. On these days, Wild Keeper Ambassadors flood Instagram with the positive impact you’ve been making throughout the past month. Each Impact Day, there are (optional) Impact Day Themes to get your creative juices flowing (check them out below!) and Impact Day Giveaways as a special thank you for all the hard work you put in to help keep nature wild.
P.S. You do NOT have to pick up the trash on impact day, just POST about it on Impact Day!
Before Impact Day:
- Pick up trash at any point before or on Impact Day (at a park, around you neighborhood, etc. It doesn't have to be at a National Park or far from home!)
- Snap a photo or video of the positive impact you made in a fun way!
- Share your photo on your personal Instagram feed!
- Use Hashtags: #impactday + #keepnaturewild + #wildkeepers on your post
- Use the caption to talk about why it's important to keep nature wild! For inspo, check out the Wild Keeper Social Media Kit or use the monthly Impact Day theme below!
- SUPER IMPORTANT: Record your impact on the Impact Form - this is the only way we know how much trash you actually picked up!
#IMPACTDAY DATES + THEMES:
- Monday - October 26th
- Theme: Trick or Trash! 👻🎃 Halloween is this weekend! Trick or Treating may be canceled in most areas this year but we can still get in on the holiday spirit by dressing up, getting outside, and picking up trash instead of candy! 🚮🍫
- Questions/Ideas to think about: Trying to have fun while picking up trash may seem impossible - It's easy to get bummed out when we're spending time outside picking up other peoples' trash that they left behind. But thinking about the positive impact you're making by leaving it better than you found it (especially as a part of a larger community full of individuals all doing the same) turns what could easily put you in a negative mindset into a more positive one. Change starts somewhere!
- IMPACT FRIDAY - November 27th
- Theme: Give Thanks to Nature! Impact Friday is here - the biggest day of impact for the year! Take your turkey-fueled tummies outside and make some positive impact on the wild and show nature just how thankful we are for it! We also have a challenge for you this month... can you double your impact?! Invite a friend or you family to come pick up trash with you this Impact Day see how much impact you can make together! (We have some things up our sleeve to double our impact here at KNW this month, too!)
- Questions/Ideas to think about: Why are you thankful for nature? How can we take action and show we're thankful for nature? Why should we be thankful for nature? How could expressing and acting on our gratitude for nature inspire/influence others?
- Monday - December 14th
- Theme: Leave it Better for the Holidays! The holidays are here! Winter brings some challenges to picking up trash outside, so if you aren't able to pick up trash this month.. consider other ways we can make a positive impact during the holidays!
- Questions/Ideas to think about: This time of year is known for the increase in waste we see. Some things to think about... How can we leave it better this holiday season? In addition to picking up trash, consider ideas like sustainable gift wrapping options, reducing output of trash during the holidays, sustainable gifting, and more!
- Monday - January 25th
- Theme: New Year, Bigger Impact! It's that time of year... resolutions and goals for 2021 are being set, so let's set some impact goals for the year to come!
- Questions/Ideas to think about: Set some goals for yourself... how many pounds of trash do you want to pick up this year? Are there any sustainable swaps you want to commit to this year? Any new spots you want to commit to cleaning up this year? How can you kick off these goals on the first Impact Day of 2021?!
IMPACT DAY GIVEAWAYS:
- Impact Day 1, October 26th: This Impact Day, we will select 3 Wild Keepers who meet all the qualifications about to receive a KNW Fanny Pack filled with treats (think stickers, pins, and trash bags!)
- Impact Day 2, November 27th: It's Impact Friday! We'll report back with this Giveaway soon.
- Impact Day 3, December 14th: For December's Impact Day Giveaway, we'll be selecting 3 Wild Keepers to win some sustainable holiday goods. Each winner will receive a KNW tote, tumbler, and reusable straws.
- Impact Day 4, January 25th: We're keeping the National Sticker Day spirit rolling for this month's Impact Day giveaway! 3 Wild Keepers who meet the requirements above will get to build their own sticker pack consisting of 5 KNW stickers. We'll then put the sticker packs up for a vote to the KNW community and the winning pack will be sold on our site!
Wild Keeper Ambassador Social Media Kit
This page’s goal is to be a one-stop-shop to give you ideas, provide you with assets, or give you some inspiration on how you can talk about being a Wild Keeper Ambassador on social media. Check it out!
WKA Social Media Kit
We are using a new roll-over approach to the program. This means once you've been accepted, you do not need to re-apply for any upcoming terms as long as you follow all requirements (review the requirements here).
If you want to move up to a Mentor, please shoot a direct message to Bri on Slack!
If being an ambassador no longer suits you, no problem! Just direct message a mentor or Bri in Slack or send an email to email@example.com and we'll get everything sorted.
The role of the mentors is to be there to answer any questions that Wild Keeper Ambassadors may have, keep track of WKAs to make sure that they’re having an easy time participating in Impact Days and becoming a part of the Wild Keepers community, and to be the best example of what it means to be a Wild Keeper! Wild Keeper Mentors have been in the program for multiple terms and know the ins and outs of being a Wild Keeper - they’re here for ya! Mentors also help the KNW team to monitor the different channels within Slack.
At the beginning of the term, Mentors will be given a group of Wild Keeper Ambassadors to keep track of behind the scenes. These groups are loosely based of location, to the best of our ability.
To contact a Mentor, reach out in the “#help-ask-a-mentor” channel and one of our many helpful Mentors will get back to you!
Read these guidelines before heading out to pick up trash and keep them in the back of your mind!
- You are most important. Look out for yourself and your safety first!
- Trash is dirty obv - try not to handle it with bare hands! Make sure you are wearing gloves or using a picker.
- When picking up items that could be rusty or sharp, use caution and wear heavy-duty work gloves.
- Remember, you do not have to pick up anything you do not want to! Don't lift heavy objects alone and ask for help if you need it!
- Don't handle hazardous materials like batteries, gas cans, needles, drug paraphernalia, or ammunition.
- Make sure to not enter any private or restricted areas to pick up trash.
- Please stay on designated trails and walkways and never pick up trash in areas that may put you in harms way.
- Please don't enter any bodies of water while picking up trash.
Your safety matters to us! 🙌
Cleaning Up With Others
We know how it is, picking up trash is more fun with others! Let’s talk about inviting others to pick up trash with you outside.
Inviting others to pick up trash as a Wild Keeper Ambassador:
When you applied to be a Wild Keeper Ambassador, you accepted our liability form and photo release. That waiver is for you, the individual ambassador, and does not extend to others that may come with you or be invited by you. Keep Nature Wild cannot and will not be responsible for any person(s) who come with you to pick up trash for Impact Days or for any other activity. If you choose to invite others to join, including friends and family, you do so at your own risk. Keep Nature Wild will not be held liable for you or others.
Coordinating Group Cleanup Efforts as an Event:
As of this term, Keep Nature Wild does not permit or sanction any group cleanup event by Wild Keeper Ambassadors. We ask that you do not host or coordinate these types of events using our name, our equipment, or act on behalf of our company.
For your reference, here is a link to the liability form.
If you have any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group cleanups are currently on-hold due to the pandemic. We're doing all we can to get back out there with you all as soon as possible!
Helpful Links/ Tutorials!
If you have an idea for a new channel, post it in the "#help-requests" channel
and we’ll get it added for you if we see fit!
If you need any additional help or have any questions please reach out to us in the "#help-ask-a-mentor" channel in Slack!
What’s my ambassador discount code?
You can find discount codes in Slack in the #knw-term-info" channel! This code is good for 40% off at keepnaturewild.com for the duration of the term. Just please don't abuse it :)
Is there a discount code to share with friends and family?
We've set up a referral code program that you can share with your friends and family! Within this program, you get a unique referral code that you can share- this code gives the other person $10 off, and you $10 off when they complete a purchase! To find your unique referral code, create or log in to you Outsiders Rewards account and head here.
What are the Impact Day Dates for the Term?
Well you're in the right place! Scroll up towards the top and you'll find them. You can also find them in the Wild Keepers Social Media Tool Kit along with tons of other great info here.
I loved being a WKA, do I need to reapply for next term?!
NOPE! No need to reapply! As long as you are meeting the requirements, your ambassadorship will roll over into the next term.
My BFF wants to be a WKA with me so we can do clean-ups together. How can I get them in?
Have them apply! We are always looking for nature lovers and growing our ambassador family! Direct them to the Wild Keepers web page and show them what’s up!
Important Contact Info
Need help with KNW order? Email email@example.com
Have a cool idea to make the program better? Post in the #help-ask-a-mentor channel in Slack!
Need direct assistance with literally anything? Direct message "Sean at KNW" or "Bri at KNW" in Slack or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org