🙌 Make sure to read this whole page + bookmark it to refer back to! 🙌
Our Mission as Wild Keepers
Our goal as a community of Wild Keeper Ambassadors is to make a positive impact in the wild, to set an example to others around the world, show that caring can be FUN, and to inspire others to join us on our mission to keep nature wild!
Impact Days are designated days each month where all Wild Keeper Ambassadors will flood Instagram with the positive impact you’ve been making. Plus, new to this term we're introducing optional Impact Day themes to get your creative juices flowing (check them out below!) and Impact Day Giveaways as a special thank you for all the hard work you put in to help keep nature wild
You do NOT have to pick up the trash on impact day, just POST about it on Impact Day!
Before Impact Day:
- Pick up trash at any point before or on Impact Day
- Take a photo that shows off your impact in a fun and inspiring way
- Share your photo on your personal Instagram feed! For inspo, check out the Wild Keepers Social Media Tool Kit or use the monthly Impact Day Theme to get inspired!
- Use Hashtags: #impactday + #keepnaturewild + #wildkeepers
- Use the caption to talk about why it's important to keep nature wild! Find the optional Impact Day themes below.
- Record your impact on the Impact Form
#IMPACTDAY DATES + THEMES (NEW!):
- Monday - Feb 24th
- Theme: Friends of the Wild! Answer the question: "What does it mean to you to be a friend of the wild?" We encourage you to make a new friend in the WKA community this month, share tips on how to be a "friend of the wild", or however else you want to interpret the theme!
- Monday - March 30th
- Theme: Bloom Where You're Planted! Answer the question: "Why is it important to take care of your local wild places?" Make a difference on your favorite local trail / wild space in your hometown! This community makes an impact all over the world, show off the hard work you're doing in your own community!
- Wednesday - Earth Day! April 22nd
- Theme: Every Day is Earth Day! It's the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day! Answer the question: "How do we make every day Earth Day?" Talk about why Earth Day is meaningful to you, some fun ways to celebrate Earth Day, etc!
- Monday - Memorial Day! May 25th
- Theme: Love Your Mother! Show us how fun it can be to love Mother Nature and Keep Nature Wild! Make picking up other people's trash the funnest it's ever been! Get creative, get weird - we want all you've got. Bonus points if you post your best"Trash Dance" to your story on Impact Day. We'll be voting on the winner to win a little extra!
NEW! Impact Day Giveaways:
- Impact Day 1, Feb 24th: We will select 10 random WKAs that post on this Impact Day and record their impact on the Impact Form. Those 10 winners will get to build their own sticker pack of 5 stickers of their choice, shipped to them free! We will then put the selected sticker packs up for a vote to all other WKA's and sell the favorite as a new sticker pack on the site!
- Impact Day 2, March 30th: TBD
- Impact Day 3, April 22nd: We will select 3 random WKA's that post on this Impact Day and record their impact on the Impact Form. Those 3 winners will receive a reusable trash bag to use on their future cleanups and a KNWxCamelbak Reusable Water Bottle!
- Impact Day 4, May 25th: Show us your best "Trash Dance"! On Impact Day, share a video or boomerang to your Instagram story on Impact Day of you making picking up trash the most fun it can be and tag us! The best one will win a pizza on us and a KNW care package to end the term with a bang!
Wild Keeper Ambassador Social Media Kit
This page’s goal is to be a one-stop-shop to give you ideas, provide you with assets, or give you some inspiration on how you can talk about being a Wild Keeper Ambassador on social media. Check it out!
WKA Social Media Kit
We are using a new roll-over approach to the program. This means once you've been accepted, you won't have to re-apply for any upcoming terms as long as you follow all requirements (review the requirements here).
If you want to move up to a Mentor, please shoot a direct message to Sean or Alex on Slack!
If being an ambassador no longer suits you, no problem! Just direct message a mentor, Alex, or Sean in Slack or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get everything sorted.
Read these guidelines before heading out to pick up trash and keep them in the back of your mind!
- You are most important. Look out for yourself and your safety first!
- Trash is dirty obv - try not to handle it with bare hands! Make sure you are wearing gloves or using a picker.
- When picking up items that could be rusty or sharp, use caution and wear heavy-duty work gloves.
- Remember, you do not have to pick up anything you do not want to! Don't lift heavy objects alone and ask for help if you need it!
- Don't handle hazardous materials like batteries, gas cans, needles, drug paraphernalia, or ammunition.
- Make sure to not enter any private or restricted areas to pick up trash.
- Please stay on designated trails and walkways and never pick up trash in areas that may put you in harms way.
- Please don't enter any bodies of water while picking up trash.
Your safety matters to us! 🙌
Cleaning Up With Others
We know how it is, picking up trash is more fun with others! Let’s talk about inviting others to pick up trash with you outside.
Inviting others to pick up trash as a Wild Keeper Ambassador:
When you applied to be a Wild Keeper Ambassador, you accepted our liability form and photo release. That waiver is for you, the individual ambassador, and does not extend to others that may come with you or be invited by you. Keep Nature Wild cannot and will not be responsible for any person(s) who come with you to pick up trash for Impact Days or for any other activity. If you choose to invite others to join, including friends and family, you do so at your own risk. Keep Nature Wild will not be held liable for you or others.
Coordinating Group Cleanup Efforts as an Event:
As of this term, Keep Nature Wild does not permit or sanction any group cleanup event by Wild Keeper Ambassadors. We ask that you do not host or coordinate these types of events using our name, our equipment, or act on behalf of our company.
For your reference, here is a link to the liability form.
If you have any additional questions, please email email@example.com.
Want to join us in person? Register for a cleanup here!
Helpful Links/ Tutorials!
If you have an idea for a new channel, post it in the #suggestions channel
and we’ll get it added for you if we see fit!
If you need any additional help or have any questions please reach out to us in the #help channel on Slack!
What’s my ambassador discount code?
You can find discount codes in Slack! Same with the code that you can share with friends and family.
I loved being a WKA, how do I reapply for next term?!
No need to reapply! As long as you are meeting the requirements, your ambassadorship will roll over into the next term.
My BFF wants to be a WKA with me so we can do clean-ups together. How can I get them in?
Have them apply! We are always looking for nature lovers and growing our ambassador family! Direct them to the Wild Keepers web page and show them what’s up!
Important Contact Info
Need help with KNW order? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a cool idea to make the program better? Post in the #suggestions channel in Slack!
Need direct assistance with literally anything? Direct message Sean or Alex from KNW in Slack!